Coaching is unlocking performance to maximise potential
Helping Athletes Succeed
Coach Dean came to Malaysia in 2019 having been Chairman and Head Coach to one of the most successful Triathlon clubs in the United Kingdom. Dean formed the UK Club in 2013 and after a few years developing the organization and its new athletes received acclaimed recognition for his work. In 2016 Coach Dean was awarded Triathlon England’s ‘Participation Coach of the year’. During the same year his club (MedwayTri) also received a National award from the sport’s governing body of ‘Triathlon Club of the Year’.
Coach Dean has competed at the highest level as an international Age Group athlete representing Great Britain 24 times in World (ITU) and European (ETU) Championships. Along with this Sprint and Olympic distance experience he has also qualified and competed in both Ironman 70.3 Worlds and the Ironman World Championships held in Kona Hawaii.
Coach Dean’s passion now lies in developing new talent, promoting the sport of triathlon and encouraging general health and fitness with his base in Malaysia. DR Triathlon under Coach Dean’s lead delivers the Junior State team coaching program for Perak where it is starting to develop some of Malaysia’s top youth talent.
Within our organization we have delivered from grass roots to world class level as both coaches and athletes. DR Triathlon has the experience to guide regardless of your level or competitive distance within the sport. We can help if you are just looking to take part, move on to the next level or find those Marginal Gains required to get to the top.
We believe that in helping people improve their Swimming, Cycling, Running or general fitness you also help them develop life skills. Knowing that sports participation creates discipline, courage, self-worth and respect not only of one’s self but your fellow competitors and training partners around you. Why not come see what you can create for yourself or your children right now?
ABOUT COACH DEAN
Dean Ratcliffe – Lifetime Athelete, Young at heart and always will be !
A highly motivated and dedicated professional Coach with significant coaching experience. Qualified as a level 3 coach in Triathlon Skills & Management. This is the highest level of qualification within British Triathlon, an internationally recognized qualification for professional personal coaching within this multidiscipline sport. A lifetime of experience in sport, not only coaching Triathlon but also all of its component sports including strength and fitness.
Triathlon Coaching Employment
- MedwayTri Head Coach from September: 2013 to September 2017
- Personal coach to Triathletes in UK, South America, Australia and Asia: 2015 – 2021
- Perak State Coach for Triathlon, Employers MSN & Perak Triathlon Association: 2020 – 202
Triathlon Coaching Experience
- MedwayTri Head Coach: 2013 – 2017
- Responsible for :-
- Management of coaching team
- Development of coaching schedule and structure
- Setting club sessions and training periodization
- Development of all club athletes
- Responsible for :-
- Lead Coach on various triathlon training camps: 2014 – 2020
- Personal coach to professional, international age group and fitness athletes: 2015 – 2021
- Leading the Triathlon training program for Perak state in Malaysia: 2019 – 2021
- GB Age representative (in 24 International championships)
- Multiple English Age Group titles (2011 – 2018)
- British Age Group Champion 2012 (Standard distance)
- European Bronze Medalist 2012 (Standard distance)
- British Age group Champion 2018 (Middle distance/70.3)
- Ironman 70.3 World Championship qualifier
- Ironman World Championship Qualifier (Kona)
- The only Athlete in region to compete in world championships at every distance
- Level 2 coaching Qualification with British Triathlon Federation – 16th July 2013 (One Year Course)
- Level 3 coaching Qualification with British Triathlon Federation – 12th Jan 2017 (Two Year Course)
- First aid training industry – July 2013
- Junior Run track Coaching seminar – March 2014
- Freestyle coaching for beginners – Sept 2014
- Leading Group bike rides skills training – Sept 2014
- Coaching Junior Run sessions – Sept 2014
- Training peaks University degree – August 2016
- Bronze Medallion from the Life Saving Society of Malaysia – Feb 2019
- International Life Saving Certificate – Feb 2019
- Founder Head coach & Chairman of MedwayTri (2013)
- British triathlon Level 2 & 3 Qualified coach
- Medway Sports awards Coach of the year (2016)
- Triathlon England Southeast Coach of the year (2016)
- Triathlon England National Club of the year (2016)
- Triathlon England National Participation coach of the year (2016)
- MedwayTri Awarded with Triathlon England Junior coach of the year (2017)
- Personal coach to international athletes (all competitive distances)
- Perak State Coach for Triathlon employed by Perak triathlon association (2019 – Present)
BOOK A FREE CONSULTATION
LET US ASSIST YOU
Send us an enquiry and we can discuss further on your training requirements.